|Paprika and Pink Pepper Beef Stew|
On a cold rainy day when you have nowhere to go and you have all the time in the world to kill, wouldn't you love to have piping hot and savory stew?
Paprika and Pink Pepper Beef Stew
1 kilo beef short ribs, cut in 2in cubes
3 tbsp. Spanish paprika
2 tbsp. sea salt
1/2 tbsp. pink pepper, ground
2 cups water
2 celery stalks including leaves, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 white onions, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 cans Hunt's stewed tomatoes
1. Season beef generously with paprika, salt, and pepper. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a pan, sear beef on all sides in about 3 tablespoons olive oil, adding more oil as necessary. Set aside seared beef. Add water in pan to deglaze, creating a broth. Set aside broth.
3. In pressure cooker*, heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute celery, carrots, onions, and bay leaves.
4. Add in seared beef, broth, and stewed tomatoes, and stir.
5. Seal pressure cooker. Cook 40 minutes more from the time the pressure regulator sizzles.
Serve with steamed rice or cooked pasta.
*Instead of a pressure cooker, you can use a dutch oven or a heavy pot and slow cook for at least 2 hours or until the meat is falls-off-the-bone tender.