Bangus Sardines by Denim Kitchen

 Bangus Sardines in Canola Oil

Denim Kitchen served samples of the bangus sardines in canola oil on one and a half inch rice tablets, which was a brilliant idea in my opinion. I have always enjoyed sardines with rice. It's one of those meals that you often underestimate. Sardines is always available so you don't think there is ever any urgency in having it. It's always in a can or bottle stashed somewhere in the cupboard as if waiting for a calamity to strike so it can save the day. It's easy. You don't have to season it or add anything to it. You can even eat it straight out of the container if you have no care for firing up the stove for anything. It's simple and familiar. You know the taste like you know the back of your hand. You don't expect any surprises when you eat it, therefore the margin of error when it comes to whether or not you will like it when you do decide to eat it is practically nil. 

There is quite a bit of a surprise with Denim Kitchen's bangus sardines, however. It is, to say the least, extraordinarily good bangus sardines. The fact that I got quite a bit of that wonderful bangus fat on my portion only made me happier. It's everything I love in sardines and more- it is tender, flavorful, spicy but unlike most commercially available versions, Denim Kitchen's is freshly made with zero preservatives. 

I know I adverted to this earlier in this post but I will say it nonetheless- I really appreciate the fact that they served the samples with rice. It  simply upped the ante on this already delicious product, giving the "taster" a preview of how fabulous a full serving of this meal would be.

Smoked Mackerel in Olive Oil

Other products from the Denim Kitchen include smoked mackerel in olive oil, crunchy garlic, and mango chutney. Email Denim Kitchen at denimkitchen@gmail.com.

Comments