"Hand-Forged" Chocolate Doughnuts at Starbucks

Starbucks made two new additions in their menu that kept me coming back more than ever before- the Tazo Full-Leaf Green Tea and the Top Pot Old-Fashioned Chocolate Doughnut. Melodramatic much? Maybe so, but I really really want Starbucks to keep these two things in the menu, and lots of them so that they don't run out when I go there for my fix. Which, as I had insinuated, would be frequent. Let me illustrate about the doughnut. We went to Starbucks after dinner last Friday in Alabang Town Center. There were two old-fashioned chocolate doughnuts on the showcase when I ordered my perfectly soothing cup of full leaf green tea. I didn't order a doughnut yet because I was still full, and I figured, they would be restocking them soon enough, hopefully right when it's time for my midnight snack (my Friday coffee night with friends have been known to stretch until two in the morning). Around eleven o'clock I noticed that the doughnut tray was empty. It didn't bother me much especially since I've noticed the pastry delivery truck had arrived and pastries had started streaming out of it. They would definitely be restocking soon, I thought (this started a two hour marathon of me craning my neck to look at the pastry counter every five minutes or so to see if they have restocked the doughnut tray). They didn't, so I went home without having had my Top Pot hand-forged doughnut. Long story short, I didn't sleep well that night. And it wasn't because of the caffeine in my tea.

Comments