Peri-Peri Chicken by Nando's

Peri-Peri Chicken
That night when we were in CBTL Starmall Prima, mother and I came from Rustan's Supermarket - Evia. We did some grocery shopping and this interesting bottle of peri-peri sauce caught my eye. I've always enjoyed peri-peri chicken in that restaurant in Greenhills - Promenade and I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I could make that at home? That is why I didn't think twice about getting a bottle of Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce (in Garlic), even if it might be a bit pricey for the size- Php200 for 125 grams of sauce.

Peri-Peri Chicken

This Sunday, we were finally able to cook with it. I used half the bottle to coat and marinate 3 chicken leg quarters and 3 chicken wings. Did I tell you we got a good deal on this 9 minute marinator? That contraption really works, I kid you not. Before the marinator, if we haven't marinated a chicken overnight or brined it properly, we are not touching that chicken. Now, all we need is 9 minutes, 18 to be sure, and we are good to go.

After marinating, the chicken pieces were grilled over hot coals. I must admit though, that brother and I were skeptical at first, having tasted the sauce and thereafter thinking maybe this is too sour, too spicy, not enough salt, etc.  But when the chicken was done, it was delicious-- crispy skin, just the right amount of heat, juicy, and flavorful. It had a fresh sort of uncomplicated taste to it, a welcome change from the usual inasal and barbecue versions of grilled chicken that we make at home.

Comments