Shabu-Shabu and Yakiniku at Thousand Cranes

Shabu-Shabu Sauce
with satay paste, green onions, garlic, chili, and raw eggyolk
Dinner yesterday was at Thousand Cranes to satisfy two persistent cravings. One is for shabu-shabu, something that I have been having a huge craving for for the past few days already. Two days ago, I thought I was going to satisfy that craving, but a funny twist of fate led me to Tempura Japanese Grill. Taking my seat in the restaurant, a poster for eat-all-you-can yakiniku (aptly dubbed "Grill UnlimEATed") caught my eye. (Irresistable deal for only Php495 per head, and it even comes with unlimited rice and drinks.) So I ordered that. But with my poor luck and the fact that it was less than an hour to closing time when we got there, of course I was politely told by our server that they were out of stock. That leads us to my second, albeit more recent, craving- yakiniku.

Yaki Shabu Yakiniku
Php250
Kalbi Yakiniku
Php265
Thousand Cranes serves both shabu-shabu and yakiniku, and having dinner there last night was like hitting two birds with one stone (pardon the pun). For shabu-shabu, we ordered a Vegetable Set. For yakiniku, we chose an order of Kalbi and an order of Yaki Shabu. It was quite a lot of food, enough for two people.

Vegetable Set
Php250
Eating shabu-shabu is probably my favorite way of eating vegetables. Whenever I think that I have been eating too much greasy, "meaty", food for several days, shabu-shabu is my go-to detox meal. Maybe it is  psychological, but I genuinely feel healthier after I have had shabu-shabu. As for the yakiniku, sure, it may go against my intent to detox, but, well, I am making no excuses, I just want it.

Thousand Cranes Shabu-Shabu and Yakiniku Restaurant-Alabang is located at:
Unit 209, 2nd Floor, The Commerce Center, Commerce Avenue corner Filinvest Avenue, Alabang, Muntinlupa City

Comments