CBTL Drive Through Down South

It's a good time to be living in the "South."

Click image to enlarge
I don't know when it happened but all of a sudden I am being referred to as a person who lives in the South. I grew up knowing the South is Mindanao. Nowadays, when a person is said to be from the South, it most likely means Muntinlupa, Paranaque, or Las Pinas. They are Metro Manila cities, mind you. It's just that they are located in the Southern portion of the Metro. Incidentally, Cavite being right next to Las Pinas is also being referred to as the South, by association.

Funny how this term came to be. As far as I know there is no "West" or "East," or "Center" for that matter. And when we say "North," it most likely still refers to provinces in Ilocos and not Quezon City. Is it because of this ever worsening Metro Manila traffic? True, the traffic problem must have warped our perception of distance by now. What used to take ten minutes to traverse now takes an hour and a half. (Just you try getting to ATC from Zapote using the Alabang-Zapote Road, you'll understand.)

In any case, can I just say, I love how I no longer have to go out into the heart of Metro Manila just to enjoy CBTL. There are lots of outlets opening up right here in the South! Even better, for a quick caffeine fix, I can simply drive through. Take that Metro Manila traffic!

Comments