Beautiful Breads from Wildflour

Wildflour Brioche
1/3 loaf: Php165

I often wax poetic about bread.


I have been known to get drawn absentmindedly into shops that sell artisanal bread. For me, the more rustic it looks, the better. Unfortunately, in a predominantly rice eating country such as ours, there are very few stores that are passionate about bread making.

Sourdough Bread
Php230
Among these few bread stores is Wildflour. It is quite a distance from where I live to a Wildflour bakery/cafe so while I have been hearing many good things about it for a couple of years now, it was only recently that I was able to visit the branch in Podium. I was there pretty late so I was able to buy some breads at a discount, so-- yay! I bought a croissant (Php90), plain bagel (Php40), sourdough bread, and a third of a loaf of brioche. 

All except the brioche I got at half the price. It was a rather big haul. I ate the croissant right away, wonderful reheated in a toaster oven. Big slices of the sourdough I had with cold butter, the rest went into my meatloaf. And I had big plans for the brioche: Brioche French Toast. Oh, I've been think about making it for years. Thank you, Wildflour.

Wildflour-Podium is located at G/F The Podium, ADB Ave Wack Wack, Mandaluyong. Contact no.: (02) 571 8588.

Comments