Little Sister's Birthday Dinner at Ma Maison

Torikatsu
served with rice, side salad, and miso soup
This year, we celebrated little sister's birthday at Ma Maison. A member of the Bistro Group of restaurants, Ma Maison serves up Japanese food with visibly European influences at surprisingly affordable prices.

When I first heard about Ma Maison, I never would have guessed that it was a Japanese restaurant. The name itself is French, which translates to "my house" in English. This rings true even after you have walked into the restaurant. The interior design of the establishment made me think I was stepping inside an English cottage. And if I had not researched about the restaurant's menu before I went there, I could have easily ordered fish and chips for dinner.

Tonkatsu
served with rice, miso soup, and side salad
Gyudon
The menu of course, listed down classic Japanese food favorites along with some famous western entrees like Scotch Egg and Escargots Baked with Garlic Butter. Creatures of habit that we are however, we stuck to the tried and tested. We ordered Tonkatsu, Torikatsu, Gyudon, and Beef Skewer Teriyaki. The Tonkatsu and Torikatsu came with rice, side salad, and miso soup.

For drinks, we mostly had their house iced tea, which came refillable at Php110. I liked their house iced tea, which I think is identical to the iced teas of most of the Bistro Group restaurants.


Ma Maison-Greenbelt 2 is located at G/F Greenbelt 2, Esperanza Street, Legazpi Village, Makati.

Contact (02) 729-9122 for reservations.

Comments