Dips and Crisps at Cafe Republiq

Spinach and Parmesan Cheese Gratin
Php200
Yesterday I had the audacity to plan to go watch the Lantern Parade in UP Diliman. It was a ridiculous proposition, I knew that, because in addition to the fact that the UP Christmas Lantern Parade attracts hordes of people every single year, that same day was 1) payday Friday; 2) the inauguration of the monorail in the UP Diliman campus; and 3) a perfect candidate for Christmas party schedule. But I had not seen the Lantern Parade since I graduated from the university a couple of years ago and I truly, madly, deeply, wanted to go this year.

Alas, as expected, traffic was a disaster. And no matter how early I thought I was leaving the house, it was not nearly early enough to avoid the brewing traffic nightmare. Traffic was bad not only in Quezon City, but the entire Metro Manila. Worse, by the time I realized that I will not see the Lantern Parade again this year, traffic going home was likewise in a standstill.

So instead I found myself in Resorts World, Cafe Republiq to be precise, where I drowned myself in Spinach and Parmesan Cheese Gratin and nacho chips. The gratin was warm, creamy, and comforting in its deliciousness. Something I needed to make me feel a little bit better for missing the Lantern Parade. While I can imagine how much the cheese made the dip utterly sinful, the fact that it had spinach in it easier for me to convince myself that I was munching on something healthy. I had to believe that, see, because I munched through those chips and dip like there was no tomorrow.

Cafe Republiq-Newport Mall is located at  2/F Resorts World Manila, Newport Mall, Newport Blvd, Domestic Airport, Pasay.

Comments