Shrimp Fajitas


Shrimp Fajitas
I made Shrimp Fajitas for dinner yesterday. Since I simply could not have fajitas without salsa and flour tortillas, I had to make those, too (from scratch, because I had none of them ready-made in a jar or box stashed somewhere in the house for a rainy day). Individually, the fajitas, salsa, and tortillas are quick and easy to make but making them all together in one fell swoop takes quite a bit of work. (Imagine peeling half a kilo of shrimps!)


It was a good thing that I had a lot of time on my hands last night, the rain having trapped me in the house the whole day. Besides, all the trouble was worth it. The Shrimp Fajitas dinner turned out to be a hit. It was a delicious, colorful, and fun. I enjoyed layering the shrimps, salsa, and sour cream on the tortillas and rolling them up before trying to neatly scarf them down. (I had my technique down pat on my third tortilla.)

Shrimp Fajitas

Ingredients
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 kilo shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 red onion, sliced into thin rings

Directions
Season shrimps with chili powder and cumin.
In a pan on medium heat, heat oil. Saute bell peppers and onion for three minutes. Remove vegetables from pan leaving as much oil as you can in the pan.
Put shrimps in pan and saute for three minutes. Return vegetables in pan and saute with the shrimp for another three minutes.
Transfer to heated sizzling plate, if available. (If not, any serving plate will do just fine.)
Serve with sourcream, salsa, and warm flour tortillas.
Serves 3-4.

Comments