Cheers to the Awesome Food Suppliers of UTT 9.0!


Ultimate Taste Test 9.0 was held in Soderno @ Molito last Sunday, July 29, 2012. The foreboding storm did not seem to faze the crowd as people started to pour in and fill the Soderno tent at 6PM. It certainly did not faze me because I was looking forward to this event ever since I learned about it from Our Awesome Planet a couple of days before.

In this post, I will share some photos that I took of the venue and the booths of the food suppliers that participated in this memorable foodie event. A preview, if you will. I will write more about the food and post more "up close and personal" pictures in another entry.

Php300 pays for entry to the event where I got to sample the specialties of 30 food and beverage suppliers. UTT 9.0 was for the benefit of Batha (Balikathang Thalassemia), a support group of Thalassemia patients which made the event even for special. In addition, I got a newspaper and a choice between beer (San Miguel Lifestyle Brews) or soft drinks (Pepsi products). All in all, I thought it was a very good deal.

Another thing that I really liked about this UTT is how a lot less stressful it turned out to be. Having participated in a couple of UTT's already before, I found this one the most relaxing. Truth be told, I could not stand to stay more than an hour in the other UTT's I had been to for some reason or other. This time, I was able to take my time savoring every sample I could get my hands on.


In this setup, the vendors are located on the al fresco area while the "food critics for a day" get to enjoy the food samples inside the tent, with enough chairs and tables and air-conditioning plus wifi to boot. Most of the 30 suppliers at the event offered more than one product for sampling so there was certainly a lot of food to enjoy. Thank heavens for the tables! Last but not least, I appreciated the fact that cleanliness was maintained all throughout the event, thanks to the hardworking folks who were tasked to keep our tables clear and ready for every wave of food samples.

Comments