Creamy Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta


Creamy Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta

My Creamy Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta is a recipe I turn to when I want a quick yet filling pasta dish. It requires very few ingredients, but the simplicity of the latter betrays the rather complex flavors that result from the mix. The combination of the sun-dried tomatoes and the milk is to blame for this. 

I have made this recipe so many times that I came up with a routine for it. That lull when I wait for the water for the pasta to boil, that is when I start prepping my ingredients-- cutting the chicken into one inch cubes and seasoning it, mincing the garlic, slicing the sundried tomatoes into strips, and heating the pan. When the pasta water boils, I throw in the pasta which takes about 11 minutes to cook to al dente. This is approximately enough time for me to cook the sauce, to which I will toss in my cooked pasta.

See? Easy.

Creamy Chicken & Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta

Ingredients
250 grams uncooked spaghetti
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. chili flakes
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
salt
pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Directions
Cook spaghetti according to package.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a pan on medium heat, saute sun-dried tomatoes and garlic cloves in about a tablespoon of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes for about two minutes. Add chili flakes.
Toss in the chicken and saute for about three minutes.
Pour in the wine and let chicken cook until the wine has almost boiled away.
Stir in the milk and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, then let it simmer until it turns a little orange from the sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the cooked pasta and stir until it is well coated in sauce.
Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Serves 3-4.

Comments