Banana Mini Cakes


Banana Walnut Mini Cake
Do you have a favorite pastry in Starbucks that you seem to order all the time, even without thinking about it? I do. I am bananas over Starbucks' banana loaf. I order it together with a large mug of Full Leaf China Green Tips hot tea. That banana loaf is darker in color than most banana loaves I've seen. It looks so unassuming and ordinary in the pastry showcase where everything looks so pretty. But I think it tastes phenomenal. I revel in its heady aroma and I just love the rich flavor of bananas with every bite.

Banana Mini Cake
That particular banana loaf inspired me to make my own version at home. I turned to one of my favorite recipe sites online and found an entry for "Banana Banana Bread". This is such a great recipe. Versatile, too. Since I did not have a loaf pan at my disposal, I used my mini fluted mold pan. (This reduced the baking time from 60 minutes to 35 minutes.) Also, for some variety, I added some chocolate chips and walnuts before baking. The recipe yielded delicious and cute mini cakes. I love it to bits!

Banana Banana Bread

Banana Chocolate
Chip Mini Cake
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Comments