My Very Own Herb Garden

Herb Garden
I was very impressed at how a lot of big name establishments went out of their way to celebrate Earth Day last April 22, 2012. Rustan's Supermarket in Power Plant Mall, for instance, did not use plastic bags for your groceries on that day but brown paper bags. Plus they sold their reusable shopping bags, quite a good looking bunch I might add, at half price off. It may be a small thing for some, but I believe that the decision of some local governments in this country to ban the use of plastic bags in their localities is a major step in helping out the environment. Recyclable shopping bags are "in" now, and I am loving it!

Sage and Sweet Basil

Still under the influence of Earth Day, I guess, I set out to start my very own herb garden. I have been thinking about it for quite some time now. Ever since somebody accidentally cut down my passion flower vine, the plant box that I used to grow it in has been empty, waiting for something to happen..

Thyme
Mint
Rosemary and Tarragon

But I put off trying to plant another thing in it on account of the summer heat which, I think, no self-respecting culinary herb would stand for. This notwithstanding, I decided to throw in some herbs in my plant box-- thyme, rosemary, sage, sweet basil, tarragon, and mint. I am hoping I thought wrong, and the herbs actually grow up healthy and abundant despite this heat.

Comments