Celebrating Easter with Peanut Butter "Cups"

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake
Peanut butter and chocolate has been the flavor of the moment, thanks to a huge bag of Reese's peanut butter cups that found its way to our house after the recent S&R sale. Inspired by this, I thought about making chocolate cupcakes and frosting them with peanut butter icing. Yup, exactly like a Reese's peanut butter cup. I already have a recipe for chocolate cupcakes here. So I baked a batch of those. Then I used the peanut butter icing recipe by Ina Garten that I found in the Food Network website here.

Peanut Butter
Chocolate Cupcake

background: Cream Cheese
Chocolate Cupcake
Ina Garten's recipe for peanut butter icing is light and fluffy and most importantly (for me at least) not so sweet which makes piling a big beautiful dollop of it on a cupcake not a big deal. (In case you're wondering, the recipe is good for 15 cupcakes. So if you're making more than 15 cupcakes, make sure to adjust accordingly.)

The resulting Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes are quite delightful. I like it so much in fact that I am going to make another batch to celebrate Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter everyone!

Comments