Buffet 101: An Introduction to Eating

Buffet 101
Monday to Friday Lunch - Php699; Monday to Friday Dinner - Php950;
Saturday Lunch Php799;
Sunday Lunch and Dinner and Saturday Dinner Php1,050
Lunch yesterday was at Buffet 101. Chandeliers hang from the ceiling and comfortable seats deck the spacious, well-lit dining area. The place is huge and more importantly, teeming with food.

For starters, there are all kinds of soup. For the day, it was Seafood Chowder for me. It comes in a bowl crowned with puff pastry. It's a pretty little thing. I enjoyed picking the puff pastry off the bowl as I spooned through the soup.

There is roast beef, of course. Among the many sauces that they offer with it is the gravy with porcini mushrooms. I love this gravy. I imagined getting a plate of rice and just having it with this gravy, but I just didn't have the heart. There is a grilling station where you can choose from seafood, beef, pork, lamb, and poultry to be grilled fresh and delivered to your table.

There is a section for Chinese food specialties like noodles, dimsum, and roasts. My favorite here is the roast chicken wrap (much like how Peking Duck or Suckling Pig is wrapped) which I generously lace with asado sauce and eat with my fingers. I could eat ten of these in one sitting if I didn't eat other stuff from the buffet. Further down the table is an aquarium with live suahe which is steamed fresh by order.

There is a Japanese food option as well, where you can have your fill of shrimp tempura and many different kinds of sushi and sashimi. For dessert, there are all sorts of cakes, a halo-halo station, and even a crepe station where you get to order freshly made crepes with your choice of filling. But if you're like my sister, you would have fun with the frozen yogurt machine. You get to dispense as much frozen yogurt you want and sprinkle it with all kinds of toppings. Finally, for no additional charge, you get unlimited drinks, be it lemonade, coffee, or even fresh fruit shakes.

Buffet 101 MOA is located at Seaside Blvd, San Miguel by the Bay, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City, Philippines.

Contact Information:
Tel: 556-2888, 556-3888, 556-9888. 

Comments