Awesomeness is a dish served hot at H Cuisine

Chef Hannah Herrera
I do not have one favorite food, I think. There are quite a number of kinds of food that I would not mind eating every single day of my life. And if I am asked to list down 10 of them, depending on when I am asked the question, the items on that list may vary. It will however, always have roast beef in there somewhere. So give me a restaurant that offers roast beef on their menu, and I will happily trudge on over there just to satisfy a perpetual craving. Yes, even if that restaurant were on the other side of the map from where I am (in Cavite). Say, H Cuisine (in Quezon City).

Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly
Slow roasted fork tender Angus beef belly with demiglace gravy
Single with Rice- Php288; Sharing (serves 2 to 3) without rice Php428
Chicken Relleno with Gravy
The promise of roast beef drove me to go the extra mile, in awful payday weekend traffic and rather stormy weather no less, to bear witness to the official launch of H Cuisine a couple of weeks ago. The event was marked by a cooking demo by Chef Hannah Herrera (the charmer of a chef behind H Cuisine) and a buffet dinner that allowed the attendees to taste some of the items on H Cuisine's menu (among them of course, H Cuisine's Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly) and even some that are not (yet?), like Chicken Relleno, Salad with Berry Dressing, Canonigo with Pistachio Creme Anglaise, and Nutella Chocolate Cake.

The cooking demo showcased the versatility of H Cuisine's Most Awesome Angus Beef Belly, which I happily learned, I can take home and keep in the fridge for a rainy day. Chef Hannah demonstrated how easy it is to heat up ample servings of the Angus beef belly to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. She also showed us how- and this is my favorite part- easy it is to shred the oh-so-tender beef and use them in every way you can possibly imagine, starting with roast beef fried rice and Angus Beef Flakes panini sandwiches.

Fish Trafalgar on Linguine
Truffled cream sauce, fish fillet
Php228
O and the Fish Trafalgar! I can still remember how the lovely flavors of this dish lingered in my mouth when I tasted it and how it made me close my eyes in delight for a fleeting moment as I did. I love cream, I think it is one of the most wonderful edible thing ever created, and this wonderful-ness exponentially increases for me when it is truffled.

Clams with Roasted Vegetables in Garlic Infused EVOO Linguine
A lighter option in the buffet, although no less delicious than the rest, was the Clams with Roasted Vegetables in Garlic Infused EVOO Linguine (the version found in the menu, has basil instead of roasted vegetables, and is priced at Php218). Since I happen to like clams, I piled a lot of this onto my plate (Although, on hindsight, the amount I ate of that pasta did kind of defeat the purpose of it being the lighter option).

Lime Cooler
Lime juice, mint leaves
Php98
(Add a shot of tequila +Php55)
Another item on the menu that left a mark on me was a beverage- the Lime Cooler. If ever there were any threat of experiencing cloy from all that food I ate, the piquant citrus taste of the Lime Cooler took care of that with guns blazing. If only I weren't driving that night, I would have had that drink with a shot of tequila. Oh yeah.

Lately, I've been dreaming about the Angus Beef Belly. (I still do. I am not kidding.) And so rabid I am about this that I promised myself I would go back to H Cuisine this Sunday. I don't know what happened these past few days but I started recalling how tender that Angus Beef Belly was and how it melted in my mouth so quickly I hardly ever noticed it was there. (I think that's why I ate more of it than I should have in one sitting.) I suppose that's just how cravings are. It hits you all of a sudden and it doesn't go away until it's satisfied.

I vaguely remember some people saying that the "H" in H Cuisine stands for "happy". Well, whoever those people are, I think they're right.

I am so looking forward to Sunday.

H Cuisine is located at #64 Scout Rallos St. cor. Tomas Morato, Quezon City.

Comments