My First Cannoli

Cannoli

Cannoli consist of tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough, filled with a sweet, creamy filling usually containing ricotta. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannoli

I'd been curious about this pastry for the longest time as I hear about them a lot in US pop culture, especially so in mobster themed movies and TV shows. It does not escape me that no matter how menacing and burly the person who mention it is, the cannoli is often referred to with a certain level of fondness. So when I saw the cannoli on the New York Pizza Palace menu, I practically jumped at it. Finally, I can learn first hand what the hubbub is all about. 

The cannoli I got from the NYPP dessert showcase had been pre-stuffed. Must be the reason why the shell was not crisp as it should be. Despite this, I can say that I liked it. After all, I did kind of scarf that poor cannoli down in under a minute, swiping chocolate syrup off the plate with forkfuls of the pastry as I went along. But I do wonder if I can have the crisp shell freshly stuffed with the cream filling as I order... Maybe when I go back for my next cannoli.

I love the general vibe I get in the NYPP premises.
It's frenetic yet cozy at the same time.
New York Pizza Palace is located in A-Venue, Makati Avenue, Makati City. Visit their website at: http://www.newyorkpizzapalace.com/

Comments