One of the best loved classic pasta dishes, pasta carbonara is quick and easy to make and yet big in flavor and quite heavy on the belly. Oh, and it smells phenomenal.
1 lb pasta (I used trenette)
1/4 cup all purpose cream
8 strips bacon, chopped
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions (about 11 minutes). While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs and olive oil. Stir in 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta and toss in the prepared sauce. Cover pasta to allow the egg to cook.
4. Saute bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
5. Toss cooked bacon in the pasta and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with parmesan garlic bread.
Good for 4-6
|Parmesan Garlic Bread|
Serve Carbonara Pasta with freshly toasted garlic bread, and you're in pasta heaven.
Parmesan Garlic Bread
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 pinch ground pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1. Slice baguette horizontally, 3/4 inch thick.
2. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until the butter is evenly melted.
3. Dip one side of the baguette to the garlic butter and lay, buttered side up on a baking sheet. Do the same for the rest of the baguette slices. Sprinkle buttered baguettes with parmesan cheese and garlic bits remaining in the butter mixture.
4. Toast garlic bread in a preheated 175 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.