Banoffee-ing it up at Banapple


Banoffee Pie

Insalata Rustico
(P135)
Asian Sunshine Salad
(P140)
I first learned of Banapple during one of those rare occasions that I went to Quezon City. I was driving southbound through Katipunan on my way home and there it was, its yellow and red signage waving at me by the roadside. It promised of pies and other sweet things... It was a little shop, so easy to miss, but sugar harkens to me like a beacon, so I knew it was there.

I failed to stop by at the time. It was so hard to park at that shop. And not even after I learned that they opened a bigger place northbound of Katipunan, did I find myself in the area thereafter, so I never got the chance to try Banapple's sweet offerings. That is until I got an invite to try out Banapple goodies at their newest branch in Greenhills. I just couldn't wait to finally sink my teeth into their famous Banoffee Pie.

And that Banoffee Pie did not disappoint.

Breaded Fillet of
Cream Dory with Honey
Thyme Mustard Sauce
(P185)
Hickory Smoked
Barbecued Country Ribs
(Php185)
I particularly appreciate the fact that the bananas Banapple uses are nice and firm, not mushy. And that is a big thing, bananas being the heart and soul of the pie. You can say that the banoffee pie rises or falls on its bananas. And Banapple's- well- that pie has really good bananas. The graham cracker crust gives the pie a nice crunch and the topping a lavish creaminess. All in all, I can say that Banapple's Banoffee Pie is just how I imagined it would be.

While I knew that Banapple is home to great desserts like pies, cheesecakes, muffins and cookies, I didn't know that they served full meals. They have quite a selection- from light options like salads and soups to heavy hitters like rice meals and pasta. They all come in big servings and are reasonably priced. The Lasagna Rollups is one of Banapple's pasta bestsellers.

Strawberry Crunch
Cheesecake
Lasagna Rollups
The Banapple Greenhills branch is located in Northeast Square, Connecticut Street.

Aside from Greenhills and Katipunan (206 & 225 Katipunan Avenue, Blue Ridge, Q.C.), Banapple also has branches in Makati (Ayala Triangle Gardens, Ayala Ave., Makati City) and Tomas Morato (2nd level Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato cor. Sct. Madrinan, South Triangle, Q.C.).

Visit their website at: http://www.banapplekitchen.com/

Classic Pecan Pie

Comments

i♥pinkc00kies said…
gotta love banapple so much! :D their banoffee pie, honey crunch cake, apple pie and myster-reese pie are my faves! :D
Gita Asuncion said…
your post is making me drool! i gotta have me a slice of that banapple pie soon!