Easy Peasy Barbecued Beef Ribs

Barbecued Beef Ribs
(Tony Roma's barbecue sauce)
In the afternoon that would later turn into new year's eve of 2010, I went grocery shopping.

Barbecued Beef Ribs
(Jack Daniels barbecue sauce)
About a year ago I had thought I was making roast turkey for 2010's Media Noche. Until I changed my mind right around after Christmas.  (I cooked up a storm Christmas day and with that I decided I wanted a more relaxing New Year's.) On the way to the supermarket that fateful day, I thought I was making spaghetti with meatballs. (That is, in addition to the cheese fondue and coldcuts, which were requested by my sister.)

I ended up with two impressive kilos of beef ribs.

For barbecuing, as decided by my brother. It sounds like a lot of work but it wasn't difficult to do at all. Especially when the seasonings and barbecue sauce have already been done for you by pros. In this case, Texas Joe, Tony Roma, and Jack Daniels.

This is not exactly your made from scratch kind of recipe.

What results are ribs that are impossibly tender- literally falls-of-the-bone tender- and bursting in robust barbecue flavors right to the core. You have to try it to believe it. Here's how:

Barbecued Beef Ribs

Ingredients
2 kilos beef ribs
5 tablespoons Texas Joe's Meat Rub
5 cups water
Tony Roma's Bold and Spicy or Jack Daniels barbecue sauce

Instructions
Put beef ribs in pressure cooker and add water and meat rub. Put on stove on high and put on the cover. Turn off the fire 25 minutes from the time the pressure regulator starts to jiggle. (If you don't have a pressure cooker, doing this step using a dutch oven or crockpot for up to 2 hours or until the ribs are tender will do just fine.)

Take out ribs from the cooker. The pressure cooking takes out most of the fat from the ribs. If preferred, more of the remaining fat can be trimmed off. Slather on barbecue sauce until all the ribs are covered in sauce. Put in roasting pan. Bones side down, which act as a natural roasting rack.

Roast in oven (bottom rack) for 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow! Thank you for sharing this recipe... can't wait to see what else comes out of your pressure cooker.

L


hip pressure cooking
making pressure cookers hip again, one recipe at a time!