KFC's Chili Lime Chicken

Red and green is the theme of the day

Chico and Delamar work the crowd

I was at the launching of KFC Chili Lime chicken held at the Blue Leaf Events Pavilion in McKinley Hill Village, Taguig last Monday and had the smashing opportunity to be among the first in the country to taste their newest chicken flavor. 
The event was hosted by Chico and Delamar, who revved up the crowd by instigating hilarious games and giving away a whole bunch of KFC gift certificates. I almost didn't go because I could not find anyone to go with me. It was after all right smack in the middle of Monday. But I'm glad I did. The energy running through the crowd at the event was quite infectious and I was thoroughly entertained. Plus I had a great lunch. Got nothing to complain about.

How many times can you say "KFC Chili Lime" in thirty seconds?

Rock it!

Where's my tequila? 

For some reason, that was what was running through my mind when I took my first bite of KFC's newest chicken flavor. I suppose the lime flavor permeating the chicken had a lot to do with it.

"The Chili Lime Chicken is marinated in special Chili Lime spices, then breaded and deep-fried for a crispy bite, and finally sprinkled with another dose of Chili Lime flavor. It's a fusion of spicy and zesty flavors in one refreshing bite. (www.kfc.ph)" In my family, I am the odd one ordering the Hot and Crispy variety while the rest are perfectly happy with their Original Recipe. So, the new flavor had me at "chili". What really knocked my socks off though is the fact that it was surprisingly tangy, making my mouth water in every bite... in a good way.

One person in the crowd when asked for her opinion on the new KFC Chili Lime Chicken said, it would definitely hold it's own as pulutan as well. I like the way she thinks...

KFC Chili Lime Chicken is now available in stores, but only for a limited time.

(Me, I'm getting a bucket and test that pulutan theory. In the name of science, of course.)

Comments