Irish Cream Butter Cake by Dulcelin

Last Sunday was spent at the Eastwood Mall with a couple of friends. We found ourselves there after a consensus was reached that we are sick and tired of going to the same malls every weekend. A prelude to reaching a later consensus that we are sick and tired of going malling every weekend, methinks... We really should start thinking of doing new things during our free time. But, I digress...

Irish Cream Butter Cake
6" Loaf (Php320)
8" Bundt (Php530)
Bundt Slice (Php100)

The weekend is a wonderful time to spend at the Eastwood Mall. That is because every weekend, the Eastwood Mall becomes a venue for the Weekend Gourmet Market. The market started in April of this year and should end, supposedly, sometime in May, then extended to the end of June. But it's already August and it's still there, and I am not complaining. I love these kinds of markets because I always find rare gourmet gems in them. Rare in the sense that I don't normally find them in my friendly neighborhood supermarket, or any other supermarket for that matter. True enough, last Sunday, in yet another one of these weekend markets, I discovered Dulcelin's Irish Cream Butter Cake. It's a "buttery sponge cake with Bailey’s Irish Cream with chocolate chips and walnuts." The combination is wicked delicious. If you love a good rum cake like I do, then this one would floor you. (To the purist: Yes, I know it's not made with rum, but Bailey's Irish Cream counts for alcohol, and that's good enough for me.)

Visit the Weekend Gourmet Market at Eastwood Mall, from 11am-11pm on Saturdays and from 10 am-10pm on Sundays.

Dulcelin Gourmet
Contact Information:


Contact Nos.: (02)374-2165 or 3742167

Address: 36 Times St., West Triangle, Quezon City

Email: dulcelingourmet@msn.com


Comments

i♥pinkc00kies said…
looks so yummy. i ithink im gonna like this!