Express Mexican Food at Mexican Express

Mexican Express Menu

Mexican Express is the brainchild of my good friends, Paulette and PJ Carandang. We first visited the place last year and we've been going there every time we are in the area ever since. Robin became a big fan of their hard shell taco while I am taken in by their chimichanga.

Chimichanga

I also love their house blend iced tea. I like its raspberry flavor and the fact that it comes in a big glass. It's a great value at only Php30.

House Blend Iced Tea

For dessert, Mexican Express has on its offering, the ice cream wrap. The crunchy deep fried shell with the soft and cool vanilla ice cream is a great taste-and-texture contrast. I also appreciate its accents- the sprinkling of almond slivers and drizzle of chocolate sauce, its proverbial cherry on top. More than just garnish, they also add to the flavor of this concoction. It's quite a delightful way to end a meal.

Ice Cream Wrap

Recently, I broke tradition and ordered other stuff rather than the chimichanga. I am happy to report that their chicken burrito, cheese flauta, nacho beef and cheese sauce, and chicken quesadilla were good, too. Service is fast and the food is always served fresh and hot (Come to think of it, I always go home with a burnt tongue whenever I eat there). The place, while small is quite cozy with indoor and al fresco areas. And for those who's looking for a place to park their laptops and surf the net, they offer free wifi. Another great thing about Mexican Express is their reasonable prices.

Mexican Express is open daily from 11AM-10PM. It is located in Maginhawa Street, Sikatuna Village, Diliman, Quezon City. For deliveries, call 435-5555.

Comments