Christmas Rush

Christmas is right around the corner, and once again, our kitchen is bustling with activity. My mother, for one, had been making a lot of sweetened macapuno to satisfy the requests of her colleagues. I, on the other hand, have made hundreds of cupcakes and cookies. It is exhausting but fun. In gift-giving terms, between braving the holiday crowd in malls to shop for gifts and baking cookies for hours, I'd much rather get exhausted doing the latter.

I got some Callebaut chocolate chips from Gourdo's and used these for my cookies. These chips are in the size of mini morsels, smaller than what I normally use. They were very good but I prefer hefty chunks of chocoloate when I bite into my cookie so, for good measure, in addition to the Callebaut chocolate chips, I pressed Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough mound before baking. Yummy!

Comments