Red Velvet Cupcake from Cupcakes by Sonja

I have been reading a lot about Red Velvet cake lately. Why? Because it is being mentioned a lot in the Food Network via the Lifestyle Network, that's why. (I am a certifiable Food Network junkie, much to Robin's chagrin). Every once in a while, this cake will be mentioned and immediately praises will pour in. How incredibly pretty it is or how sinfully delicious it is or have wonderfully rich... Really, it was only a matter of time before I sought it out myself. Notably, I have never seen it in any cake store I've been to. I have, however, seen a lot of recipes of Red Velvet Cake on the net. I think it's only a matter of time, too, before I try to bake one myself. While I confess to being an obsessive-compulsive chocolate chip cookie baker, I have baked only a few cakes in my home-baking career (I have bought a box of Betty Crocker brownie mix about a month ago. It still sits in our cupboard to this day, unopened). Who knows, maybe my growing interest in this cake will goad me to break the cake-baking drought. But right now, I'm content with just looking for a shop or restaurant that sells this cake.

My search for the Red Velvet Cake would eventually lead me to the pastel colored shop of Sonja, Cupcakes by Sonja, that is. Among their cupcake lineup is the Red Velvet Vixen cupcake (Php68). Sure, it's not actually a cake ("It's a cupcake! it's not the same thing." as die-hard cupcake purists will tell you.). But it's close (give me break, cupcake die-hard cupcake purist!). So I'm happy.

Red Velvet Vixen
cupcake is of course, red. On whether it actually tastes how a Red Velvet cake should taste, considering that I have not actually tasted one, that I won't know. But it's a good cupcake and that super-delish cream cheese icing on top is enough to make me lick my lips involuntarily just thinking about it.

Visit Cupcakes by Sonja at 1C/03 Serendra Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

Related article:
Make Pretty Red Velvet Cupcakes

Comments

Anonymous said…
waiting for sonja to open in other locations, near sanjuan pls.
Anonymous said…
www.mysticalbeautifulmess.blogger.com
Anonymous said…
http//mysticalbeautifulmess.blogspot.com/