Experience Fondues and more at Old Swiss Inn

Waatlander Fondue
If you are still racking your brains out for a place to bring your special someone for a quiet and romantic Valentines dinner tonight, you might want to try the Swiss Inn in Alabang. You can't go wrong with its classy yet cozy ambiance and wonderfully courteous and prompt service. More importantly, their menu will most definitely satisfy the most discerning palate. And when you're out to impress a date, that will come in quite handy.

Fondue Bourguignonne
When I first had dinner here, I was a tad apprehensive. I was terribly hungry that night and our hosts ordered fondues and nothing else. I thought, how on earth will I satisfy my hunger with tiny cubes of meat and bread? I was already mapping out the other restaurants in the vicinity in the event that I am forced to go home still hungry. So you can understand my surprise when I actually did get full that night. Not to mention I actually enjoyed my maiden voyage into the wonderful world of fondues.

Zurich Geschnetzeltes
The fondues of Old Swiss Inn are guaranteed to make your dining experience a memorable one. An order of their fondue is good for at least two people, great for sharing. When they offered their eat-all-you-can fondue a while back (word is, they are bringing this promo back this month of February) at about Php1000 per head, Robin and I practically jumped at the chance and satisfied our inner glutton. The set composed of three fondues- Waatlander Fondue, Fondue Bourguignonne, and Toblerone Fondue. On a normal day, these three fondues can keep up to five people happy.

Corned Beef
The main courses start at Php310. Just a tip though, if you plan to go tonight, call for a reservation. We did. ;-) Choose from the following locations: The Old Swiss Inn at The Garden Plaza Hotel and Suites, 1030 Belen St., Paco Manila (tel. 5213002, 5262739, 5224835 loc 115); at the G/F, Somerset Olympia, Makati Avenue cor. Sto Tomas St., Makati City (tel. 8188251, 8180098, 8121010 locals 511 to 512); and at the 2/F BMW Autozentrum Lounge, Commerce Avenue cor. Madrigal Avenue, Ayala Alabang (tel. 8092326).


Happy Valentines Day, everyone!


*Thanks to Robin for the wonderful pictures in this post

Comments