Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I found bags of Nestle Tollhouse milk chocolate chips in the grocery a week ago but I never got around to using them, which isn't normal. See, finding chocolate chips different from the ordinary semi-sweet kind is always exciting for me and every new discovery usually throws me into a cookie baking frenzy almost instantly.

Yesterday, I finally found the time to make a batch of cookies. I didn't want to use the recipe I ordinarily use with semi-sweet chocolate chips so I did a little research for a new recipe that particularly calls for milk chocolate chips. There were quite a few recipes and I discovered a lot of interesting variations.

Below is the recipe I used (I adapted this recipe from the original one I found). The cookies came out wonderfully chewy on the inside and mildly crisp on the outside. I think this recipe may be a keeper.

I am having a couple of them now for breakfast along with my green tea. Sunday is TV marathon day (Eureka is this Sunday's feature) so breakfast may take a while. Good thing I have great cookies.

Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups oatmeal (blended into a fine powder)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts

Procedure:
Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Drop 1” balls on ungreased cookie sheets, two inches apart, and bake at 375° F for 6-8 minutes. Makes approximately 25 cookies.

Comments