Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce at Figaro

Whenever I visit Figaro, I never fail to order Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce. (Really. Even when I tell myself that I will try something new for a change, I still end up ordering the same thing. I am a creature of habit, what can I do?) This photo was taken during one those visits. It was a cold and stormy night and the drive home was getting harder and harder by the minute that Robin and I decided to stop for a while, have a cup of coffee, and wait for the weather to get better.

Along with my coffee, I ordered bread pudding, of course. One bite, along with a sip of my coffee, instantly gave me the warmth I needed. Needless to say, this is one of my most favorite comfort foods.

I must admit though that it wasn't love at first sight, it looks very plain in the glass showcase after all. But, I tell you, once it is warmed in the oven and draped with that rich rich vanilla sauce, it transforms completely. It is heartmeltingly good with a cup of Figaro's hot white mocha.

Slow down, my beating heart, my grumbling stomach...

Comments

Anonymous said…
havnt tried this yet, thanks for the head up