Krispy Kreme and Hershey's

For a sweet tooth, this is the stuff that dreams are made of.

A while back, I wrote about the first Krispy Kreme drive thru in Asia opening in Greenhills Shopping complex. It opened with much pizazz complete with the usual kilometric lines of eager customers and "traditional" one-year-supply-of-donuts-for-the-first-customer promo. But woe is me, it would take a whole month before I jumped on the bandwagon.

You couldn't really blame me. From where I live, the road to Greenhills is a long forty minute drive (no traffic). So the first chance I got to get out of the province for a trip to Quezon City, I forced a detour to Greenhills. My eagerness for the diabetic dooming dessert was understandably heightened as I drove past the huge billboard along EDSA announcing Hershey's chocolate laced Krispy Kreme donuts.

When we got the the shop, there was a long line of cars in the drive thru. No surprises there. The surprise really was in that box of assorted Hershey's edition Krispy Kreme donuts:
Reese's Pieces
Cookies n' Creme
Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds
Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate

Everything was just delightful. How delightful? You'll need to get a box to see for yourself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
how i wish sometimes i love chocolate to enjoy things like these
J said…
yum! and let me tell you, i like your site. i'm drawn to food blogs. wis it okay to link you up?

~juliana
Anonymous said…
i <3 KK's dark chocolate. =)

too bad i didn't taste the reese's doughnut :(